|.:hostTOM.com :. > Acceptable Use Policy|
Acceptable Use Policy
The following items are violations of hostTOM.com's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP):
1. Illegal Activities: hostTOM.com services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in any form support illegal activities. hostTOM.com reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured parties in the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
2. Threats and Harassment: Use of hostTOM.com services to transmit any materials (by e-mail,up-loading, posting, messaging, etc.) to threaten or harass other subscribers, or other third parties.
3. Fraudulent Activity: Use of hostTOM.com services and/or resources to make fraudulent offers to buy or sell items, services, or any type of "scam" such as but not limited to "chain letters", "pyramid schemes",etc.
4. Impersonation: Modifying network information in an effort to mislead or deceive, with or without bad intent. Attempting to assume the identity of someone else using modified network information, including packet headers, and e-mail headers or other identifying information.
5. Bulk E-mail/SPAM: Use of hostTOM.com services to transmit any solicited, or unsolicited e-mail, News-group, Internet Relay Chat (IRC), or other forms of SPAM is prohibited. Any and all violations of this nature will result in the immediate termination of the offending subscribers account(s) without refund. Accounts which are terminated for this reason are subject to a $250.00 "clean-up" fee, and may result in notification to the proper authorities, on hostTOM.com's sole discretion.
6. Denial of Service (DoS) Attacks: Use of hostTOM.com's services and/or
resources in ANY attempt to disrupt, interfere, damage, degrade or interrupt
another networks, or parties ability to use hostTOM.com's services,
or the Internet is strictly prohibited. It is each members responsibility
to ensure that their network is configured in a manner which is deemed
by hostTOM.com as secure. A subscriber may not through inaction or action
allow their services to be used by their users, or third parties for inappropriate
or illegal actions.
7. Unauthorized Access: Use of hostTOM.com's services or resources in any attempt to infiltrate, access, probe, another subscribers account, or account information is prohibited. Use of hostTOM.com's services or resources in any attempt to circumvent, or probe hostTOM.com's, or third parties security measures, hardware or software, or electronic communications system, or telecommunications systems, is prohibited.
8. Collection or Storage of Personal Information: Use of hostTOM.com's services in any attempt to collect or store personal information of third parties, without their knowledge and/or consent is strictly prohibited.
9. Copyright, Patent, Trademark, and Trade Secret Infringement: Any form of distribution, of the aforementioned Infringements will not be tolerated.
10. Distribution of Harmful programs: Use of hostTOM.com's services or resources to intentionally or knowingly distribute software which may cause damage, harassment, or annoyance to third parties, data, or computer systems, including but not limited to the distribution of Viruses, Virii, Trojans, "Droppers", etc. is strictly prohibited.
11. Unacceptable use of software: Use of software with the intent of facilitating a continual connection from, or to hostTOM.com's network is prohibited. This includes use of software for the needless transmission of data, to or from hostTOM.com's network with the intent of occupying network resources.
12. Third Party Accountability: All hostTOM.com members will be held solely responsible and accountable any and all activities performed by third parties, using the said members account or services, which are in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
13. Revisions of the Acceptable Use Policy: hostTOM.com reserves the right to revise or modify our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) at any time and in any manner. It is the subscribers responsibility to keep up to date with the current contents of the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). hostTOM.com will provide notice of changes to the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) whenever reasonably possible, which is determined solely by hostTOM.com.
14. Adult Materials: Use of hostTOM.com's services or resources to store, transmit, or create adult oriented materials is strictly prohibited. hostTOM.com reserves the right to remove any adult materials it deems offensive from its network, by means of deleting, or removing the resource housing them from the network. hostTOM.com reserves the right to remove adult materials with, or without consent of the account owner, and without prior notice.
15. Internet Relay Chat (IRC): Use of hostTOM.com services or resources to establish connections to IRC networks, or host Internet Relay Chat Daemons (IRCD) is strictly prohibited unless approved in writing by hostTOM.com. This includes use of "Eggdrop bots", and "Energy Mech bots (EMech)". Any accounts found to be disobeying this rule may be subject to immediate termination. Any servers or accounts which attract a Denial of Service (DOS) attack as a result of IRC related connections may be subject to immediate account cancellation without refund and without notice, regardless of having hostTOM.com's written permission or consent.
16. Offensive Materials/Content: Use of hostTOM.com services or resources to display, distribute, upload, post, discuss, or create materials which hostTOM.com deems to be offensive is strictly prohibited. This may include, but is not limited to: pornography, beastiality, hentai, yaoi, materials which depict bodily harm, hate related/motivated materials, anti-gay materials, anti-lesbian materials, Ku-Klux Klan related materials, satan related materials, etc.